Melbourne City Excursion

Yesterday we visited the Chinese Museum, Captain Cook’s Cottage and the NGV Ian Potter Gallery of Australian Art.

Please enjoy watching some of the photos from the excursion and reading about what the students experienced in the comments.

Students, using these sentence starters complete the following:

1. My favourite experience from the excursion was …
  2. Three things I learnt from the excursion were …

18 Comments on Melbourne City Excursion

1. Verona Gridley
    November 14, 2017 at 7:54 am (2 months ago)

What a fabulous excursion 3R.
    You certainly are experiencing many amazing things to help your inquiry learning.
    What connections did you make to Sovereign Hill?
    What are you still wondering about?

Thanks for sharing your big day out!

Mrs Gridley 🙂

2. Lucas
    November 14, 2017 at 8:23 am (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was going to China town.

Three things I learnt from the excursion were
    1. the world’s longest Chinese dragon is 100m.
    2. the world’s longest Chinese dragon is in Australia.
    3. Captain Cook went all around the world at 12km per hour.

3. Stephanie
    November 14, 2017 at 8:26 am (2 months ago)

My favorite experience from the excursion was eating an ice – cream at the park/ playground.

One thing I learnt from the excursion was how much Melbourne has changed.

4. Charlotte
    November 14, 2017 at 8:26 am (2 months ago)

My favourite thing from the excursion was having an ice-cream at lunch.

Something I learnt from the excursion would be that over a short amount of time, Melbourne’s population quickly grew.

5. Seb
    November 14, 2017 at 8:26 am (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was finding out how long the longest Chinese dragon is. I was impressed how old the dragons were and that the two longest dragons in the world are both in Australia!

Three things I learnt from the excursion were:
    1.The longest dragon in the world is 100 meters long.
    2.The second longest dragon is 63 metres long and both are in Victoria.
    3.Captain Cook didn’t live in Captain Cook’s cottage.

6. Clarissa
    November 14, 2017 at 8:29 am (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was the Chinese Museum.

Three things I learnt from the excursion were:

> The longest Chinese dragon in world is 100 metres long

> The second longest Chinese dragon in the world is 63 metres long

> Captain Cook traveled almost the entire world at 12km/h

7. Imogen
    November 14, 2017 at 8:30 am (2 months ago)

My favorite experience from the excursion was having an ice-cream and a play at the park.
    I learnt from the excursion how you can tell from the paintings how much Melbourne has changed.

8. Molly
    November 14, 2017 at 8:31 am (2 months ago)

My favourite thing about the excursion is that I got to see the 2nd longest dragon in the world and also that I got to eat ICE-CREAM.
    I learnt that the longest dragon is 100m.
    I learnt that they used to use flowers as medicine.
    I learnt that there was a lot of change to mines.

9. Nanny
    November 14, 2017 at 8:32 am (2 months ago)

1. My favorite thing on the excursion was the Chinese museum and talking on the way back to school on the tram.

2.I learnt that the longest Chinese dragon is 100m long and it is officially retired, the second longest is only used twice a year once at The Moomba festival and at Chinese New Year.

10. Cadz
    November 14, 2017 at 8:32 am (2 months ago)

My favorite part of going to the city was the Chinese museum because we got to learn about China.
    The world’s longest Chinese dragon is 100m long.
    Captain Cook traveled the whole world going 12km/h.
    The longest dragon in the world is in Bendigo.

11. April
    November 14, 2017 at 8:32 am (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was Mrs Ryan buying us an ice-cream to eat at the park because it was really hot.
    Three things I learnt from the excursion were that the world’s longest Chinese Dragon is 100 metres and the second longest one is 63m. I also learnt that Captain Cook got murdered by native Hawaiians by a spear to the back and a club in the head.

12. Chloe
    November 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm (2 months ago)

I liked the Chinese museum the best.
    Three things I learnt;
    1. the longest chinese dragon in the world is 100 meters.
    2. some of the paintings in the Ian Potter gallery were super old!!
    3. you are not allowed to bring pens or textas in to the Ian Potter gallery.

13. Ally
    November 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm (2 months ago)

1. My favorite experience from the excursion was having an ice-cream at the play ground and my mum bringing me some sushi for lunch.
    2. Three things I learnt from the excursion were the longest Chinese dragon was 100m. The second longest Chinese dragon was 63m. Melbourne’s population has grown from the bush to a big city.

14. Will
    November 14, 2017 at 1:44 pm (2 months ago)

1. My favourite experience from the excursion was seeing the second longest Chinese dragon in the world which is 63 meters
    2. Three things I learnt from the excursion were the things that wakes up the dragon is chickens blood, incense and fruit. Captain cook was poor when he was a kid and Captain Cook died because he got stabbed in the back.

15. Alexander
    November 14, 2017 at 1:46 pm (2 months ago)

My favorite experience from the excursion was China town because I liked how it looked with the lanterns everywhere.

Three things I learnt from the excursion were how Captain Cook died and that Captain Cook’s parent’s home was torn apart and rebuilt in Melbourne. I also learnt that art has happened from the past to now, it used to look a lot different.

16. Tom
    November 14, 2017 at 1:57 pm (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was China town and the Chinese Museum.
    Three things I learnt from the excursion were people say that the chinese dragon sleeps at the bottom of the ocean
    and the longest Chinese dragon is 100 meters.
    I also learnt that Caption Cook had a house but did not live in it…
    Bye:D

17. Hudson
    November 14, 2017 at 1:59 pm (2 months ago)

My favourite experience from the excursion was the Chinese museum.

Three things I learnt from the excursion were Captain Cook was killed by hawaiians, no pens are allowed in the art gallery and the world’s longest Chinese dragon is 100m.

18. Eva
    November 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm (2 months ago)

>My favorite experience was to go to the Chinese Museum.

> I learnt that the world`s longest Chinese Dragon is 100m.
    > I learnt that Captain Cook was murdered by native Hawaiians.
    > I learnt that Melbourne has changed a lot.