Homework ~ Persuasion Is All Around You

You might be surprised at how many people and businesses are trying to convince you to do things every day. You only have to watch commercials, read the paper, look at the ads in your magazines, or read the billboards as you’re driving home to see that persuasion is all around you.

1. What is the title of your persuasive example and where did you find it?

2. Who is trying to persuade you?

3. What are they trying to persuade you to do?

4. Do you think their argument is convincing? Why or why not?

24 Comments on Homework ~ Persuasion Is All Around You

1. madisong
    April 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    1. Magazine – Herald Sun Sunday Style
    2. The Herald Sun is
    3. Buy a app
    4. I think its convincing because it tell’s us how much it is and tell’s us whats in the app and it’s giving us lot’s of information.
    thanks Madi

2. leilab
    April 15, 2013 at 4:45 pm (5 years ago)

i have seen an add on to buy this toy pony called baby butter scotch and they where trying to persuasion me leila

3. Alana
    April 15, 2013 at 7:29 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    1. My title is smart phone app, I found it well I was playing a game on my phone.
    2. The people that are trying to persuade me are the app designers.
    3. They are trying to persuade me to purchase the app.
    4. I would proboly not purchase the app because they don’t tell you much about it and it may be inappropraite.
    from Alana

4. leilab
    April 16, 2013 at 6:50 am (5 years ago)

i found the baby butter scotch one on TV and i think they where trying to persuade me becuse they where telling me all the graete things about her and she’s rely speial so yhea bye

5. Marco M
    April 16, 2013 at 5:26 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    1. In Herald Sun Style magazine.
    2. Matt and Tracy Waller.
    3. To have a holiday where the outback meets the ocean at Port Lincoln.
    4. Yes I would love to swim with the sea lions and meet great white sharks from inside a shark cage.

6. Daniel
    April 16, 2013 at 6:16 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    Here are the responses to my homework.
    1.I found my persuasive example in a ‘Delicious’ magazine.
    2.The company that is trying to persuade me is BMW.
    3.BMW is trying to persuade me to buy one of their cars.
    4.I do think their argument is convincing because they say that it is ‘No stretch of the imagination ‘to buy their car. BMW make prestige ( High reputation or standing) cars and most people don’t imagine they could ever afford one. The ad also says ‘regret is the only thing you can’t afford’, so they want to persuade people to believe that if they don’t buy a BMW they will regret it!

7. Emily.W
    April 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    1.I found my persuasive example in the newspaper.
    2.Nokia is trying to persuade me.
    3.They are trying to persuade me to buy the new Nokia Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    4.I think their argument is convincing because it offer you a free wirelees charging plate.
    From,
    Emily.W

8. katie
    April 17, 2013 at 9:21 am (5 years ago)

hi mrs ryan this is my home work
    1.my title is colgat desin it ad i got it off t.v
    2.the person or people that is trying to persuade me is colgat toothbrush and tooth past company
    3.they are trying to persuade me to buy a eletrick toothbrush that you can desin
    4.i would buy it because i care about my teeth and you can win a ipap2!:)

9. lukec
    April 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan this is my persuasive text questions.
    1.I found my add from the the Herald Sun.
    2.The Nissan motor company is trying to persuade me.
    3.The company are trying to make me buy one of their cars.
    4.I do think their argument is convincing because you get lots and lots of extra bonuses.

10. Imogen
    April 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs. Ryan! Here is my persuasive homework:

1. I got the persuasion from a catalog.
    2. The company who were persuading me were called blue steel.
    3. They were persuading me to buy some new boots.
    4. They persuaded me because the first sentence said: ” if you like our boots then you will get a 30 DAY MONEY BACK COMFORT GUARANTEE! This tells me that if I’m not 100% happy, I can get my money back.The cover picture shows a pair of boots in a glass of fizzy water with the caption ” Take Two Before Work.” I think this is really clever because it persuades me that the boots are like good medicine.

11. danielsblog
    April 17, 2013 at 6:48 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,
    1.I found my persuasive example in a magazine called The Weekly Review.
    2. The title of the company who is trying to persuade me is Barry Plant
    3. They are trying to persuade me to buy one of their houses.
    4. I wold buy the house because in the pictures the house looks REALLY cool and it has a spa and i like spas (: bye

12. Adrian.F
    April 17, 2013 at 7:30 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan, this is my persuasion.
    1. I found my persuasive example on a poster at 7 eleven.
    2. The company that is persuading me is 7 eleven.
    3. They are trying to persuade me to buy a slurpee.
    4. I think their argument is convincing me because there was one new flavour every week. I wanted to see what flavours there were.

13. jiahd
    April 18, 2013 at 8:19 am (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan
    1. On TV I found a movie called The Croods.
    2. The makers of the movie The Croods.
    3. Go to the Movies and watch it.
    4. Yes the commercial is convincing because it makes me want to go to the movies and watch it.
    It is persuasive because the ad is funny and shows new animals.

14. hollyo
    April 18, 2013 at 4:10 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan my thing that i found in the news paper:

1.in the age news paper
    2.david jones furniture
    3.to buy a new bed
    4.yes because you save 45%

15. Matthewh
    April 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm (5 years ago)

hi mrs Ryan I found:
    1. in the news paper
    2.hyundai cars
    3.to buy one car
    4. yes cause it said there was 1 more left

16. inezv
    April 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs.Ryan,

1. In a magazine called delicious.
    2.Elizabeth Arden,a cosmetic company.
    3.To by Ceramide Capsules.
    4.I Don’t believe it is convincing because I don’t believe woman can become or stay younger by just swallowing a pill.

17. Adrian P
    April 18, 2013 at 7:10 pm (5 years ago)

1.Ferrarri
    2.On the computer
    3.Buy a car
    4.The add said that it was cheap,red and and it was the last one left.

18. Pipers
    April 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm (5 years ago)

1.i found it in the Marie Claire magazine.
    2.rimmel London
    3.they are trying to persuade you to buy makeup.
    4.i don’t think it is persuading because they have no proof that it works.

19. jorji123
    April 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm (5 years ago)

hi mrs ryan,

1.Diamond Clearance.
    2.Prouds the jewellers.
    3.To buy there jewelry.
    4.Yes because it is 50% off.

20. Thomas Clarke
    April 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm (5 years ago)

1.Sunday Herald sun
    2.The news paper
    3.That Carlton football club is in tons of trouble.
    4.It is convincing because it has a Carlton player upset and they have lost three games in a row.

21. Abbey
    April 21, 2013 at 2:54 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan,

1. In a magazine.
    2. L’oreal Paris
    3. Buy some face cream
    4. No because you will not look younger or more beautiful by using the cream.

22. marcusj
    April 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm (5 years ago)

Hi mrs ryan i made a few Mistakes here is the proper one

1. I found my Persuasive piece in a lego chima set, I have seen it on tv and you tube.

2. The lego chima brand are trying to Persuade me.

3. They are trying to get me to buy it, build it, play with it and collect others.

4. Yes I do think there argument is convincing because I have several chima sets and I want this particular set called craggers comand ship because it floats on water.

23. evanb
    April 21, 2013 at 6:36 pm (5 years ago)

1. “Supa Group Extensions” advertisment in the herald sun newspaper.

2. Supa Group Extensions company.

3. Don’t move. Extend.

4.Yes, because it shows a picture of a big home with stairs.

24. Natalia
    April 21, 2013 at 9:03 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Mrs Ryan here is my homework.
    1. Herald Sun newspaper and a TV commercial
    2. Coles Car Insurance
    3. To switch from your current car insurance to Coles car insurance
    4. Their argument is very convincing because in the commercial and the newspaper they use toy cars like in a kids game, where everything’s very easy and simple no trouble at all no matter how big is the problem. The promise that they will beat any price is placed in a red circle like a stop sign and it makes you to look at it straight away.