Snapshot Writing

Enjoy reading the fantastic writing of our Grade 3/4’s.  They have written brilliant, descriptive snapshot pieces about a location of their choice.

Sandy Cay Caribbean beach

6 Comments on Snapshot Writing

1. Elena
    June 1, 2011 at 3:17 pm (7 years ago)

THE BEACH

The beach is a place by the sea. There is soft sand, and gentle blue waves. There are rockpools, and beautiful shells. On the shore there is washed up seaweed, and dried coral. In the sky, the sun shines and seagulls fly. Further along, waves lap against rocks. In the water, fishes and turtles swim. A few wades out, sometimes there is a sandbar. Encrusted on rocks are barnacles, and hidden in the seagrass and sand underwater there are pretty starfish. Tiny blue fish dart around, in and out of the seaweed. The water and sky are both crystal blue, and further in the distance they meet. Floating seagulls and sail boats dot around the distance. The sand, soft and warm has bird tracks in it. Further along, a wall of rocks starts. Tumbling down are suculants. On top, lime green grass and purple flowers grow.
    e Beach is a wonderful place.

By Elena

2. Nonna
    June 2, 2011 at 10:13 am (7 years ago)

I like what you wrote and how you wrote it. It is filled with lovely descriptions which you have managed to make come alive in the reader’s mind. Your writing is nicely balanced as you describe every aspect of what you experience, from under the water to on the water, in the sky, on the horizon and on the seashore itself. Nice work, Pussycat.

3. Mrs. Rutherford
    June 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm (7 years ago)

Elena, your writing paints such a clear picture in my mind. I can’t wait to see what you produce during our poetry unit. You have a wonderful talent with words. Keep up the thoughtful, inspiring work.

4. carolinda
    June 2, 2011 at 9:58 pm (7 years ago)

You are a delightful delight, dearest Elena! What your teacher and Nonna commented about your writing is quite apt – you do have a way with coloring and painting words into one beautiful image for us! I am so proud of you and I know you will impact the world with this God-given gift…Miss you so…Grandmaman

5. Grandmaman
    June 3, 2011 at 12:04 am (7 years ago)

I can hardly wait to receive more from you, Elena!

6. Onkel M
    June 9, 2011 at 10:02 pm (7 years ago)

Wonderful description, Elena! It makes me want to jump right in and enjoy the beach. especially since there seem to be no other people around, so I can relax in the peaceful, quiet environment and just be closer to nature. Keep it up!